54 years ago today, the man who is responsible for the way I think and act was born.
As he grew up, his experiences eventually formed into wisdom that he would pass onto me. Although he may not notice, he is the sole influence on my life, and if I am ever stuck in ANY situation he is the first one I call.
Some of the most meaningful stories I have ever heard came from this guy.
- Don’t bend nails on the go kart seat, they will rip you wide open.
- If you really want to fish, just wait for the city to stock the local swimming pool.
- That shortcut you found only works on high tide.
- Flip Flops float in swimming pools, even when its raining in September.
- Don’t just avoid putting your fingers in front of the saw, but the top of your head as well.
- Garages and Basements can and will burn down.
Just a few of the thousands he had to tell, maybe they aren’t all stories of wisdom, but they are definitely lessons learned.
Thanks for being a Dad, Dad. If it wasn’t for you, my Jeep would be stuck in a ditch somewhere, and I would probably be homeless.
Youre not only my mentor, but my hero as well.